Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New York Minute

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you are just tuning in I recently was a winner of the "H&M Style Eye" along with two other girls, Lauren Brock (Creative Director at LA Vintage) and Jesse Lagoy (Legal Assistant). As winners we won a trip to NYC, a video shoot to with H&M where we kept the looks we picked out, a $500 shopping spree with H&M, Lupe Fiasco concert tickets, and a photo shoot for Lucky Magazine. I have to admit that the prize was so amazing I almost thought it was a scam, luckily I was wrong!
I was pleased at how smooth the entire trip went. All three of us girls got a long so well. I even found out that Lauren works at one of my favorite online vintage stores LA Vintage! The first night we got to meet a few people who were coordinating the weekend. We grabbed some drinks and delicious Thai food. We learned that we would be shooting a video and having our pictures snapped from 6:40 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. the next day.
 Let me tell you that waking up at 5:15 a.m. the next morning (2 am California time) wasn't easy, but  since I was so excited the tiredness faded quickly! The second we stepped foot outside we were having our pictures snapped every second and we had to be natural while at the same time act like three friends who were new to NYC and were soaking it all in (all three of us have been to NYC several times before). I have never experienced having my picture taken so many times and I have a new found respect for models and actors. 
When we arrived to H&M on 5th Ave the videotaping was set to begin. There was no one in the store, but us and the crew. They filmed us looking around this giant flagship in amazement. They wanted to see how we go about shopping in a store of that size and what things attracted us. H&M in New York is a huge three story store and is filled with so many fabulous clothes it leaves you feeling like a kid in a candy store. After we did a little shopping we had a "New York Minute" to get our final spring outfit on and start filming. We got to romp around the city in our new H&M attire. We were strolling through parks, taking the subway, and hailing cabs. Many people on the street were stopping to watch and snap our pictures. It felt surreal.
The next stop we made was H&M's showroom in Soho. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip. The showroom is filled with all of the upcoming summer pieces. There were so many fun bright colors and the designs were unique and you could really see that H&M is on top of trends and knows what women want. They had something for everyone. The three of us have different styles and it was easy for us to pick out things that we felt beautiful and stylish in. Once we put together our summer looks we headed out into the city to strut our stuff on camera. It felt very "Sex and the City".
Once the shoot was wrapped up Jesse, Lauren and I were feeling a little tired, but there was a dinner and concert planned for us. So, we got ourselves cleaned up and headed to Faustina at the Cooper Square Hotel (were we were staying) for a scrumptious dinner and drinks. Dinner was so fun we all felt too tired to make the concert.  

The next morning we were off to our photo shoot with Lucky Magazine. In this shoot we were wearing the H&M summer looks that we picked. I was surprised how comfortable the three of us felt with hair, make-up, photographers and editors running around primping and directing us. I have never had my picture professionally taken before and was worried that I would be nervous, but everyone involved was so nice and genuine that it put me at ease. We also had to go into a room and record audio to dub over our video. They asked us about New York, H&M, and our personal style. Throughout this entire trip I kept thinking how lucky I am to have amazing readers who support me and helped me win this trip. You all make me feel comfortable in my own skin. I honestly don't think I would have known how to act or what to say without the experience from this blog and my interactions with all of you. Also, every single one of you can do things like this. One thing I have learned from my blog is that you can achieve anything as long as you work hard and  give it time. Don't be afraid to reach out to people you admire, ask questions and work extra hard to get what you want. 

Thank you to everyone who was involved in this amazing experience. I know that Jesse, Lauren and I had a blast and will never forget this trip! Please, keep your eye out for us in the July Issue of Lucky Magazine and I will let you know when the video comes out.
(These are the photos that are either from my cell phone or from behind the scenes. We are not able to post any from the actual shoot). Remember, that I am a Lucky Alpha Shopper- check it out for shopping and style tips!
{ First, fifth, and sixth  picture: H&M jacket, Nasty Gal dress, Sam Edelman booties, House of Harlow 1960 pendant, Marc by Marc Jacobs handbag. Second, third and fourth: all H&M, eight, ninth, tenth and eleventh pictures: H&M jacket and top, J.Crew pants, Urban Outfitters flats}
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

48 comments:

Phuong said...

wow great price! Hope you had an amazing time there! Lovely pictures

Emilie said...

Great pics !!!!!!
It must have been such an amazing experience!

Ana said...

Seems that you has a lot of fun =)

T said...

Taylor this is all so AMAZING! I am so happy for you.

Fashions Not A Luxury said...

LUCKY Darling! love ur shinny blazer Awesome :x
xo

I'm Heraid said...

Congratulations on such amazing experience! You are very lucky. Lovely group of girls btw. Such different styles. love ittt!

xoxo poorlyfashioned

fashion clocked said...

This sounds absolutely Fabulous and the photographs are AMAZING! you look gorgeous in the gold jacket and dress <3 look forward to when the feature is out!
congratulations what a prize!!!! xx katie


www.fashionclocked.blogspot.com

Style with Benefits said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time. You look gorg. Congrats again!!

xo, becs

Jenna Blackwell said...

Very very very very cool. Congratulations and well deserved. It looks like you had a blast and aside from my kind comments, I am green with envy over here! Super jealous. Can't wait to see pics in Lucky!

Jen | Modern Paper Goods said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! So excited for you...

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! What a great opportunity!! Sounds like a fantastic thing to win! The pictures turned out lovely! You three look gorgeous!

Kali Ramey Martin said...

Man I would love to do something like that! So fun!!!

Shannon | Kid From The West said...

Wow GRATZ!! Sounds amazing!
keep it up chicka

xoxo Shannon

vicky h. said...

yaaay! thank you so much for the detailed post...loved reading every part of your new york experience! so happy you won!

xox
Bikinis & Passports

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Ah Taylor I'm so happy for you! And I'm so happy I voted for you so I feel like I had a tiny part in it! :) Very well deserved, you are a true inspiration every day and the sweetest for always coming by and commenting! I love you and I know at least a 1000 gals who agree with me! :D Thank you for being you! XXX

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Magdalena said...

Wow, your pictures look so cool!!! They're full of fun and love of life. GREAT!!!

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You are such a sweet girl, really down to earth and deserve all your successes.

P.s. it is up..

www.strugglesofacreativemind.blogspot.com

Tiffany Kadani said...

Wow! I am so so happy for you and totally jealous. It cracks me up that you have a disposable camera.

I will for sure be getting that July issue. How fun!

myfloorisred.com said...

I do also want to hang around in NY right now!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip! It's too bad you weren't able to make it to the Lupe Fiasco concert (I l o v e his music) but it sounds like you guys had extremely filled days! Ahh it sounds like a blast.

xx,
Dee

Natalie Suarez said...

how exciting! congrats :)))

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Neekoh said...

Congratulations on the win! Well-deserved :) I really enjoy reading your blog and come back on a daily basis!

Live Love LA

Sherin said...

Congratulations: that seems like it was such an amazing trip, and looks like you got to meet some really cool people!!

Dylana Suarez said...

Lucky lucky lucky girl! Looks like an amazing time, and I cannot wait to see the magazine and video when they come out!

Marie a la Mode said...

Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing experience! You're a lucky girl, literally : )

www.mariealamode.blogspot.com

... said...

looks so much fun!

http://loresfashion.blogspot.com

Emzu said...

Wow that is amazing! Lucky you (:
Well deserved prize too :]

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

That looks soooo awesome! :) Can't wait to see the photos from the shoot!

Insomnia said...

I'm glad for you!
This story sounds like a fairytale to me :)

Amber said...

Nice you look really cool!
x amber

J. said...

That's sounds incredible! Although, it's not as exciting as this prize, I left you an award on my blog! :)

Lia said...

wow, it must have been so much fun!
bet you looked stunning:)
beautiful pics also
xx

Lainey said...

Congratulations Taylor! That sounds like such an amazing trip! And wow, the prize is spectacular! I can't wait to see the spread and the video. You guys look beautiful.

Sissy à la Mode said...

U are sooo lucky what an experience!!! thanks for sharing it girl ; )

Andrea said...

Amazing Post <3

guildedsecret. said...

OH MY GOSH! this prize is a dream - i cannot believe you got to go to a lupe fiasco concert too :) cannot wait for another update complete with photos.


xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That Lauren Brock sure is adorable. Oh boy!

Also, I'm glad I got to read about this! Mazel Tov.

Um... Yep... Anyone here see the new Clash of The Titans?

Amanda said...

These pictures are amazing! Sounds like your trip was a blast! What a bunch of great prizes :]

Joie de Viv said...

Sounds like an INCREDIBLY amazing time! Can't wait to see the H&M mag an Lucky feature!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

ilikestuff said...

Oh my god, what an amazing experience. I'll be looking extra-forward to July's Lucky!

Unknown said...

EEE! This sounds so exciting! I'm glad you had an amazing time and got along so well with the other girls! From these photos, you look AMAZING as always! So excited to see the photos in Lucky! <333

o said...

so exciting! sounds like u had a great time out there!!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

bestie said...

Seriously amazing. Congrats! You three are so stylish and GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

All 3 of you are gorgeous! Such an amazing opportunity, can't wait to see how it turns out!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Ana said...

Taylor U are back:)))))

It seems you had a great time:).

P.S. Send me the pic when you have the time.
x

the style crusader said...

love these photos! you guys look incredible! what a great experience! xx

caylee said...

wow what an experience. seriously, congrats again, you deserve it!
i'm especially jealous of your $500 shopping spree! i love the gold jacket you're wearing. can't wait to see you in lucky mag!

Christen said...

What an awesome experience! Thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...